Thursday 18 February 2010

Berryz Koubou - Otakebi Boy WAO Preview

As some people will know Berryz Koubou are releasing a new double sided single on the 3rd of March. The titles are 'Otakebi Boy WAO!' and 'Tomodachi wa Tomodachi Nanda!'. Unfortunately I could only find a qood quality preview (And a full radio rip, how awesome am I? XD) for Otakebi Boy WAO! Otakebi Boy WAO is more than likely going to be classed as the better single on this release. Anyway, ON WITH THE PREVIEW!

This 15 seconds preview itself made me excited for this new single. Because seriously Risako can sing like this live, but she can't sing other songs (For example Dakishimete Dakishimete) very well, so it means it'll be the first time in years she'll actually sound like the track. I'm not saying she's a terrible singer (Admittedly she is my least favourite), I'm just saying she has the most trouble when it comes to being able to sing and dance onstage. She still has an awesome stage presence though. I'll admit that. Anyway as the preview shows, they have strange but awesome costumes. I have managed to find a proper clear photo of the costume, only with Miyabi in it XD

Bright pink camouflage dresses with black boots and fingerless gloves. First thought = Are they trying to hide with flamingos!? (Seriously, bright pink camouflage? XD) But it does look awesome, makes a great stage outfit anyway. Apart from the costumes the Berryz, my god, they all look drop dead gorgeous!
Momoko:

Ok, so she looks more cute than gorgeous, but it's Momoko we're takling about, she doesn't stop being cute. It's hard to believe she's turning 18 March 6th.

Miyabi:

Tree on fire in the background and Miyabi's punching the air in front of the camera...should we be worried? I'm quite annoyed though, she appears to have gotten hair extensions and I think shorter hair suited her better...

Maasa:

*hugs* Maasa needs more love, she's the least popular berry, yet she's awesome...

Yurina:

It's blury because she got about 1.5 seconds screen time. A lot less than Risako, this annoys the hell out of me.

Chinami:

Admittedly I am a Chinami fangirl, but you have to agree she's seems to be getting more and more attractive with each video. This is awesome. :D

Saki:

Meh, I'm starting to run out of comments...Saki...Saki's awesome! I think she's the best dancer.

Risako:

Grrr. Risako gets way too much screentime. All of the Berryz are very talented, yet she's almost always put in the middle and sings the most. A lot of people say she's the most talented and the prettiest. I however, completely disagree.

Otakebi Boy WAO! is annoyingly catchy and I'm probably listened to it over 10 times already. It is a good song, and I understand that their voices in this song are supposed to be powerful. (Afterall it's the ending theme for an anime which centres around a very determined football/soccer player) But almost all of their voices sound too forced. To be honest, I think the only ones that have managed to pull it off are Momoko, Maasa and maybe Miyabi...All of a sudden the letter M is magical...Hmmm...Anyway, here's the radio rip of the whole song, and thanks to the wonderful 23idui83 (Youtube) you can tell who's singing. Seriously, otherwise you'd probably have trouble distinguishing their voices... Unfortunately blogspot won't let me upload this second video for no reason whatsoever so we a have a link instead! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPUIqTMlAc4

So I'm very excited about this new single, and I can't wait for the PV. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment